The Lone Warrior Appears

The Lone Warrior Appears

Saturday, December 26, 2009

To Aru Majutsu no Index



Anime: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Type: Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action
Episodes: 1 - 24
My Rating: 9.8 out of 10
My Grade: A+

I managed to get through this anime series during the beginning of my Winter Break and loved it. It's my newest most favorite anime ever. I totally love it! ^0^

This anime starts out with a slow prologue where it introduces the two main characters of the series and how they met. You also get a good look at the story setting and some good info to keep in mind. Unlike most long prologues, this one builds up a good storyline and also brings the audience into interest. Throughout the series, you will see the author's hard work and research done for this series. There are many references used throughout from religion and science. The battles are well constructed and calls for a more tactical planning rather than sheer brute force, which makes the battles a bit more realistic. (Eat Your Heart Out DBZ!) The storyline, overall, flows very smoothly and is very understandable, though you might need to go over some concepts that are explained in the anime. The storyline is full of twists and surprises that you might not expect and keeps you wondering. I love this series! I highly recommend it!

Basic Story:
This story takes place in the advanced scientific city, Academy City. Academy City is a place where espers are trained and taught and also a place where technological advancements are discovered. Touma is a high school boy full of misfortune, but his right arm has the power to negate any supernatural power, even a miracle from God. He struggles to fit into life in the city.

One day, Touma finds a nun outside his porch and takes her in. Her name is Index, and she is trying to run away from the world of magic. Touma does not believe her story at first, but after being attacked by two magicians, he knows he has to protect
Index, who possesses the knowledge of 103,000 grimoires of forbidden magical arts. Is his right arm enough to stop the assault of magicians who are after Index?

BONUS! Personal Info:
My Favorite Character: Index, the main heroine/princess. She's a cute, carefree nun. Despite her childlike appearance and attitude, she's really a kind and caring girl under the Name of God. Even though there are times where she "accidentally" breaks the rules or be a bit selfish, she always stands by her friends, no matter what.
My Favorite Scenes: Well, I have to say some of my favorite scenes are when Index has some of her dramatic comedy moments. I also love some of the battles that take place throughout the series. They are just mind-blowing. My most favorite scene would be... (sorry, it's kind of a spoiler -.-)
My Favorite Weaponry/Ability: It's actually hard to choose because of the many abilities that are shown in the series and seeing how each are used so skillfully. But if I had to choose, personally, I would probably choose St. George's Sanctuary, because of its Dragon's Breath ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment