The Lone Warrior Appears

The Lone Warrior Appears

Monday, September 14, 2009

Problems with English Dub 3



This will be the final segment of "Problems with English Dub". For a change, I will like to give a little credit to some of the few people who do a pretty descent job at making an English dub for anime.

Now, I've tried to do some voice acting on my own a bit. It's actually a little harder than it seems. You really have to had trained your voice to put in that kind of emotion into the voice you're doing. After an hour at it, I lost my voice. (-.-)You practically had to shout to express such emotion, not easy at all. (>.<)

Well, I'd like to thank some of the people for giving actually good English Dub. I have to say not all English Dub anime have bad dubbing. In fact there are some that could be mistaken for the original. (What I mean by this is that if no-one heard the Japanese Dub of the anime they would be almost as satisfied with that English Dub.)

You can't really blame the voice actors for not being able to do it like the Japanese do. They are not able to reproduce that accent they have and express the emotion of the characters that far, but they are able to portray what actually is happening. They are doing a pretty good job! (^-^)

Note: I think English Dub is O.K.! Unless it really mutilates the original storyline and does not portray the emotions that are supposed to be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment