The Lone Warrior Appears

The Lone Warrior Appears

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann



Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Type: Action, Adventurre, Mecha
Episodes: 1 - 27 + Movie
My Rating: 5 out of 5
My Grade: A

First, I'd like to thank my friend, Juan, for introducing me to this series and making me watch it. It is really worth watching. Anyone would be blown away by what happens in the series. It is now my 3rd Most Favorite anime. I couldn't get to it for a while due to other things and other anime series. But I finally finished it, and I am now satisfied.

This series gives you a nice intro to the storyline of the series. For the first few episodes, you'll be hooked onto it for a while. But it does get boring for a few episodes. But once your reach episodes 7-8, your spirits will be rekindled for the series! That's not all. Around episodes 10-11, the series just rockets to the best of the best and goes beyond that! Though I am saying this stuff, I am not saying you should skip (DON"T YOU DARE SKIP ANY EPISODES). The series continues to get better and better till it reaches the end! This anime is guaranteed to have you addicted to it and wanting more! Any action, mecha anime fan would be satisfied with this anime series.

Basic Story:
Humans driven underground by the beastmen and are forced to reside there for what seems an eternity. The people had forgotten about the sky and lived very limited. Despite the despair, there are those who seek to reach the surface. That is where our tale begins.

Simon is a digger from his village. His job is to expand the village by digging tunnels. His parents were killed in a past earthquake. During his dig, his fate was about to change. Kamina, Simon's friend from the village, is a very rebellious and ambitious man who seeks to one day go to the surface. Simon takes Kamina to the object he unearthed. It turns out the thing he unearthed is a ancient mecha called Lagann. With it he and Kamina was finally able to reach the surface. But what awaits these two on the surface?

"Row, row, Fight Da Power!"

No comments:

Post a Comment