The Lone Warrior Appears

The Lone Warrior Appears

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Forbidden Love



Most anime romances series in their originals forms were either a light novel or an H- Game*. There is some sexual themes that can be sometimes throughout the series, whether it be for comedy or to strengthen the storyline. Now, of course there have been things cut out before they started airing it on TV. (Some people might not know this: Japan is probably the strictest country when it comes to censoring.)

One thing you often come across in these romance storylines is a possibility of the main character to make the decision of forbidden love. The character often associated with this is usually the main character's cousin, half-sibling, or maybe even blood-related sibling. Now, since this is fiction, it does not trouble me that much that there is that possibility. (It usually does not end up that way in the anime anyways.)

I have to say after seeing an actual anime series that actually ended with the main character choosing the sibling over the others. I did not find it that bad, probably because his sister played a big role in the series. The main character obviously can have such a relationship in the story. But I take it as that love can sometimes go beyond the lines of being siblings. If I actually saw it it real life, I would probably freak out.(Note: I will not name the anime that I watched here, for the sake of not spoiling it.) I like the thought of forbidden love a bit. To me it's the unexpected but yet expected.

*H-Game: Hentai Game, adult anime sim-dating games, known for it's well drawn characters and backgrounds and also for its explicit sex scenes. In these games the main character (played by you) goes through the storyline while making decisions that affect the whole game and also the result you end up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment